• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Better Anti-Swear/Anti-Spam

joexxx6

I think that the anti-swear/anti-spam really needs an update. The fact that people can bypass so frequently and get away with it so easily is shocking. I get the anti-spam is ok and blocks repeated messages, but people can just do it over and over again by varying certain letters (another form of bypassing). All in all I think that if the ant-swear/anti-spam was better we wouldn't have so many people bypassing and there would be less player reports concerning swearing and spamming for staff to deal with.

-TheSpeedyTurtle_

jcdentonswh0re69

Agreed. I've complained about this many many MANY times and staff still don't seem to get it. For like god damn months i've ranted and still they haven't improved anything, anyone can easily bypass which is why the filter should honestly be updated and fixed

EDIT: Also, people in creative can easily spam the entire chat by just putting a dot between sentences:
"Join my really stupid roleplay that like nobody will join"
"Join my really stupid roleplay that like nobody will join"

Like that

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
We currently have an awesome anti swear with A LOT of anti-bypass algorithms and mechanics. The problem is
1- Some stuff has been removed because it brought a lot false positives.
2- I realized that blocking more bypass methods is useless since anyone who wants to swear will eventually keep trying to find a way to swear, and it would take seconds to do it. I mean, you can literally easily swear in any Minecraft server you want that has an anti swear filter because ANY type of anti swear plugin can be easily bypassed in SECONDS. Therefore, there's no point in keep continuously coding a fix to every single bypassing method when it takes seconds for a player to find another one. The only way to effectively block 100% of the profanity said in chat, is by having staff and players reporting at forums, that's it.

Report players bypassing the anti-swear at http://happy-hg.com/forum/forums/player-reports.9/