• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Advertising Question

ChildMusher69

I've been playing Happy HG for about 5 years now, and I've been thinking about something.

On the rules it says this.

Do not advertise any websites/links that are not related to HHGN. Do not advertise other Minecraft servers at any point. If you’re caught advertising another Minecraft server or mention an IP, this will result in a PERM BAN.

Is there a reason why people can't say the name of another server, or an ip address? I find this rule kind of stupid. Especially the part about a permanent ban. Seriously. This suggests that advertising is worse than hacking. (Hacking is a week ban, advertising is a permanent ban?), I don't understand this.

I don't mean to be rude, but is it because you don't want people leaving your server? People can play on two servers you know.

Say there's two friends, and they're playing on Happy HG. They want to play on a different server, but they cant say which server they want to play on, even if its in private message. I find this rule more than a bit absurd.

Its like saying:

Hey! You just said the name of a server! If you want to keep playing on our server, you have to pay thirty bucks! (USD)

All I want to know is the reason WHY this rule is here, and WHY the punishments are so harsh.

Thanks for reading,

- CrepeCat

PenguinPeople

This is more to deter people from spamming join X server. It is a popular method for getting people to join your, by sending players to adevertise on another sever. That is why the punishment is so harsh. Would you like a person going on your server with the sole intent to steal players? The key word is advertise here.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
While I do think you should be allowed to put a server name in message (never gonna happen but still do think that), I can see why it is not allowed to say the names of servers, servers gotta have players so it ain't great when some idiot comes through spamming an ip or server name to try to steal players. As well as that is it really that hard to just add someone on Skype or something and then message them the ip?