• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

X-Run Things That Will Ultimately Make X-run So Much Better.

WangYneos

Hey, this is leanormal, I love XRUN because High-Speed Parkour is my thing, after setting several records in the XRUN lobby, I could say I am reasonably seasoned with this game mode.

I know that XRUN isn't popular on this server, but some things had annoyed me for quite a while, and I think there should still be an opportunity for me to address these issues despite its popularity.

Despite all the good things I love about XRUN on this server, several technical things are poorly designed in the game. (XRUN is known for its high-speed quality, which makes gameplay fluidity very crucial to the players) who knows, maybe this could even attract more people to try out this excellent game mode!

The issues below target more specifically to higher-level XRUN players, but these changes would benefit us, but they also wouldn't affect the overall gameplay for the newcomers.

Waiting Time

p6kaUTk

-The waiting time for XRUN is 60 seconds, this is too long of a period before the game could start. Reducing it to 30 seconds would be much more appropriate since it doesn't take a player that long to join a map. Usually, there are only 1 or 2 concurrent players in the lobby anyway, and for people like me who want to go for the record run and would restart every time I fail, the 60-second timer is not necessary.

Respawn Timer

yzPI5bk

-There is a respawn timer that only allows you to respawn consecutively every 3 seconds. This should be removed as it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way except slowing the player down from recovering a failed attempt. This gets very annoying if you are trying to reset from failing the first jump right after a checkpoint. (Breaks fluidity) (THIS IS THE WORST)

Lives

EqA5RQn

-There is no point in having a set amount of lives in this game mode. A total elimination timer (ex. 20min timer) would be much more efficient as this allows new players to actually finish the map despite the number of mistakes they make. (Why would someone keep playing this game if it just kicks you out in the first 5 minutes of the game?)

Finishing

-The game kicks out all the players if just one person finishes the map, this makes the game unfun because if a very skilled player were to play with a new player, the new player wouldn't even have the chance to finish the map. The winner can be put in spectator mode after finishing, and they can decide if they want to leave the map or stay to watch.

Kicking

-The game kicks all the player out after one player decides to quit, this is very annoying and should be changed. The player should be able to stay in the game even after all other player leaves the game.

Lava/Cactus

-Touching these shouldn't instantly kill you because lava already deals significant damage and interrupts your momentum/slow you down (This applies to cactus as well), it just messes up the overall fluidity of the game for no reason.

Thank you for reading, solving these issues will only benefit the game, and I really hope staff members would notice this post and make considerations! I rarely ever write any post unless I cared a lot about the subject.

Last edited: