• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Kit PvP Dropping Soups

TrashcanTristan

Before I get into this post, I'd like to go ahead and state that I already suggested this on the HHGN Discord... However due to numerous other suggestions after my comment, I felt it better to post a more detailed suggestion on the forums without having to worry about flooding. Anyway, let's get into it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DROPPING SOUPS IN PVP
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Now I get that there are reasons why this was removed in the past, however I feel that it has caused more problems than solutions in the long run. As servers vary in soup registration, prior to the update removing soup bowls immediately, I feel HHG had one of the best and fastest soup registration out there. This isn't to say that the soup system we have in place currently doesn't work, it just isn't as efficient as the unedited system we had maybe in late 2015 when this update came about. If needed I can gather clips or get users to vouch for me on this, but about 90% of the soups work perfectly however 10% do not. This means that we as users must pay extra perfect attention to our hotbar just to make sure that one or two of our soups don't work properly. A fix for this problem is to scroll away/hotkey and skip over that soup onto another, however this is very inefficient and can lead to a quick death.

Another reason I feel dropping soups should be added back is that of Quick-Dropping. Quick-Dropping soups in Minecraft isn't difficult at all, however it adds an extra layer to an already decently easy game to push the skill ceiling even further. For those who don't know what Quick-Dropping is, it's pretty self explanatory, but to save me some time I'll just link this video -
(the server this user is on is a Dutch server and I believe it has since shut down) Pay close attention to his hotbar and how he drops his bowls immediately after using them, in turn saving him some time in refilling so he has an edge over his supposed cheating opponent.

Finally, as Trenly stated here: https://gyazo.com/81b441c7afd7c5fa19f48e04422e0fdb It can sometimes make it more obvious to catch auto-soup users, and even wraps back up to my second point of requiring a little more skill to be consistent in PvP.