• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Forums Moderators For Discord

joexxx6

It has come to my attention that most of the staff on the server are mainly only active on the server and only one or two actually check the Discord and moderate the chat. This has become very evident in recent times where private images, chats and even information such as where people live has been leaked in the Discord server. Now I'm not saying that the staff didn't do anything, they did, well one of them did. Due to all the focus being on the server for around half an hour members of the Discord were able to send images that other users may not have wanted to post. Don't get me wrong even if there were Moderators specifically for Discord this would have happened, however it would have been dealt with a lot quicker. I am sure there are many people in the Discord server who check the server and would be up to the job. It wouldn't take much effort either and would be more of a passive job as the Discord isn't particularly active but when it is, it's good to have a few people who can look at the chat and check that members aren't breaking the rules or posting personal images and releasing the personal information of other people. I think the Moderators should have the power to kick and ban members, however not affect any users in voice channels as it has been made clear that voice channels are not moderated. I think this idea will benefit the Discord server and allow the staff to focus more on the Minecraft server and still have the Discord server being actively moderated. Thanks for reading I hope this gets taken into consideration.

P.S. I put the prefix as website as there is no Discord prefix and the Forums is the closest thing on the server to Discord.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I don’t think a lack of moderation is the issue. I personally read every single message in the discord channels. I personally believe the problem is that discord doesnt provide enough moderation tools for servers. By the time somebody mentions me or I am reading to see a message that breaks the rules, many times the person has deleted it already. Because the messages were deleted, there is not much that can really be done about it unless people who see it screenshot it and report it to staff. Even if there were a moderator constantly active, they cannot watch every single chat at once, and rule breaking will still occur in the channel(s) that arent being moderated at that precise moment.

SakiMaruXD

I'd almost say this is more of an issue with the community - people really seem to have difficulty with respecting one another.

TrashcanTristan

I'd almost say this is more of an issue with the community - people really seem to have difficulty with respecting one another.
In my opinion, respect isn't just handed to someone. It has to be earned through logical means... Anyway, in hindsight this doesn't really matter simply because this will happen no matter what. Even if, hypothetically, someone were to "moderate" a Discord chat 100% of the day and night, these same issues would still happen (while they will be dealt with maybe somewhat quicker, they'll still happen. Any community discord administrator will tell you the same). The Discord shouldn't be at fault for a user who willingly sent out personal pictures, as well as information if it is to get leaked by another user. The offender, as well as the a offended should equally be at fault depending on certain situations... Similar to what happened about 9 months ago from what I hear.

joexxx6

Because the messages were deleted, there is not much that can really be done about it unless people who see it screenshot it and report it to staff.
You can get bots who put deleted and edited messages into logs for Moderators to check. That may resolve the problem too as players may not have thought about screenshotting it but can still report it as long as they know what time the message was sent.

SakiMaruXD

In my opinion, respect isn't just handed to someone. It has to be earned through logical means...
Respect has a baseline; unfortunately some people go out of their way to stoop below it.

You can get bots who put deleted and edited messages into logs for Moderators to check. That may resolve the problem too as players may not have thought about screenshotting it but can still report it as long as they know what time the message was sent.
The preservation of messages would hopefully make rule-breaking behavior less appealing.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Really good idea. I have added this, thanks for the suggestion!