• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global this should really not be banned

juicylies

gay should not be filtered. dont give me that it could be used as an insult crap. How? how is it an insult? im gay and like hella proud. I wouldn't want to be straight. I mean I play a lot of servers that are actually supportive of the LGBT community and theres no problem. if you consider gay an insult then what type of person are you? circa via 1955 LOL. I mean homosexual isn't filtered. filtering gay is like filtering heterosexual or straight. its v annoying.

michalthekid

Trusted Member
i do not understand the need for this at all. im straight but ive never had to say that to anyone. no-one cares about your sexuality.

even if there is an extremely specific case where you would have to say that you are gay, you can just say that you're a homosexual. but these cases are extremely rare, especially on a minecraft server.

the point im trying to make here is that you can be proud of whatever you want, but saying how proud you are of something all the time makes you as annoying as one of those moms who brags about their kid during every family gathering.

i, and i assume many other people, love using gay as an insult not in a homophobic way, but because its part of our lingo, so i think it should be filtered.

and to anyone who says "ooh gay can mean happy" stop. it is not used that way and everyone knows that. you are not funny.; that is not a real excuse.

Last edited:

juicylies

i do not understand the need for this at all. im straight but ive never had to say that to anyone. no-one cares about your sexuality.

even if there is an extremely specific case where you would have to say that you are ***, you can just say that you're a homosexual. but these cases are extremely rare, especially on a minecraft server.

the point im trying to make here is that you can be proud of whatever you want, but saying how proud you are of something all the time makes you as annoying as one of those moms who brags about their kid during every family gathering.

i, and i assume many other people, love using *** as an insult not in a homophobic way, but because its part of our lingo, so i think it should be filtered.

and to anyone who says "ooh *** can mean happy" stop. it is not used that way and everyone knows that. you are not funny.; that is not a real excuse.
what type of- ok no

Trenly

Admin
Admin
This has been discussed before (See: http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/18768).

Although you may have no issue with the word, and you believe that most other people would never use it as an insult the fact is that it has historically been used mostly as an insult. I agree with everything that michalthekid has said, and would like to be sure this is very clear: There are other ways of saying what you want to say without using that word. And as Michal said, Nobody really cares about your sexuality. Its fine to be proud of your sexuality, but thats not something that really should even be shared on a minecraft server. Minecraft isn’t a dating site or a social media app.

Chickenrage249

And why do people need to talk about this. I personally would take “***” as an insult because that’s the way I think, I grew up that way. I have been in so many arguments because people didn’t understand what I mean. So I try to avoid these topics. I wouldn’t exactly want to give my opinion in public. Judging by what I said, you might already know what my opinion is on this. So, now to deliver my point: Sexuality is a topic of high controversy, and it will 99% of the time light up an argument, and I don’t want to start an argument here. So hear me out and try to understand what I mean. And yes like Michael said, no one cares about your sexuality

juicylies

This has been discussed before (See: http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/18768).

Although you may have no issue with the word, and you believe that most other people would never use it as an insult the fact is that it has historically been used mostly as an insult. I agree with everything that michalthekid has said, and would like to be sure this is very clear: There are other ways of saying what you want to say without using that word. And as Michal said, Nobody really cares about your sexuality. Its fine to be proud of your sexuality, but thats not something that really should even be shared on a minecraft server. Minecraft isn’t a dating site or a social media app.
I dont think how much you understand thats its annoying and triggering. idc abt people knowing. it bothers me that its banned bc it can be used as an insult which is just stupid.

justcharli

lol then why isn't the word "homosexual" or heterosexual banned? or even the word "homo" you can call someone a homo and they can still take the offensive as using that 3 letter word

Last edited:

michalthekid

Trusted Member
lol then why isn't the word "homosexual" or heterosexual banned? or even the word "homo" you can call someone a homo and they can still take the offensive as using that 3 letter word
but it isnt as common of an insult as 'gay', and if someone chooses to use it as an insult, then they will be muted
but i mean i havent seen anyone insult someone that way